Saturday, April 4, 2009

Post 200: Be a Pain Until You Sell It!

Yes, it's a duplicate from my Myspace blog. What's it to ya?

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Current mood: chill
Category: Writing and Poetry
A friend who is in the business sector made an excellent post about selling and promotion. He made the point that "Studies show that over 81% of customers buy after the 5th touch from
your company. The problem is most salespeople focus on the hot and warm
leads and very few of them are disciplined enough to systematically
follow up enough to nurture and educate buyers past a couple of touches
."
My response was "seeing as I’m such a shy person by nature, the touching up part is very
hard for me to do because I don’t like to feel like I’m “bothering”
people. This is something I’m having to un-learn, whether it be with
promoting my book or the products and services that I’ve signed on as
an independent affiliate for. I can’t stomach pushy sales people and
would sooner dance down the middle of I-25 in a tutu than behave like
they do, but yet if one is too much of a wallflower, one doesn’t get
noticed. It really is a balancing act
."
So here I've been feeling guilty about promoting the book on all of my blogs and profiles, showcasing the same chapters, worrying about being a pain. But someone who knows much more than me about business and promotion is saying that's exactly what I have to do because it takes a while for the idea to stick in people's minds. Thus, I'm going to keep on promoting and not worry about being a pain. If people think I'm a pain, they don't have to read my blogs, eh?
Next post: the prologue from my book!
For more about the book, please click here.

No comments: