Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Respect Banner





I'm still not satisfied with it. But considering that I literally took two hours to find that damn rose image (which is pretty widely used so hopefully it won't be a problem) and fading it out and thinking of what to put, I've come to the point where I just have to say "fuck it." Here it is in all its glory, or whatever.
I'm going to lay it on the line. I think that display of the image of my spectral friend's suicide is disrespectful and disgusting. It shows disrespect to him and disregard for the feelings of his surviving family and friends. Only a true asshat (like the sociopathic little troglodyte that took the picture) thinks its cool. If this was a picture of your brother or friend that was being put on display like that, you would be sick at heart. I'm pretty sure I'm preaching to the choir here, so to speak. The choir of what, I'm not quite sure! Though I imagine that the fundamentalist types would probably be brandishing crosses at the lot of us and shouting "Back, creatures of the night!" Or something equally melodramatic.
I've never known quite how to express my feelings concisely regarding this matter. Finally figured it out and will be displaying the banner on my website. You're welcome to steal it and display it if you want. Just give credit where credit is due is all I ask, so the hate mail can come to the right place.

No comments: