Stephen King once made a list of his top ten fears. Just for shits and grins, here's mine.
1. Fear for the health and safety of loved ones
2. Fear of suffocation/strangulation
3. Fear of the dark
4. Fear of enclosed spaces (claustrophobia)
5. Fear of insects
6. Fear of death (seems odd given the belief in an afterlife and numerous suicide attempts, but is more a fear of the dying process than of the state of being dead/noncorporeal)
7. Fear of ridicule
8. Fear of failure
9. Fear of other people (paranoia)
10. Fear of falling
The list goes on but those are the top 10.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Top Ten Fears
Posted by
Lily Strange
at
10/01/2008 04:14:00 AM




















2 comments:
Yeah I like this stuff!
I'll try to put op one myself:
1. fear for spiders
2. fear of the dark
3. fear that the ones I care about get harmed, this includes animals.
4. fear for not knowing what is going on. That theres something going on but I dont know about it.
5. fear of getting others into trouble
6. fear of being normal
7. fear of being strange
8. fear of being weak
9. fear for public exposure
10. fear of deformation, for example getting horrific burn-wounds in my face and I will look creepy for the rest of my life. Hey, this one should be higher on the list...
Huh. Seems we have more stuff in common. I totally get the stuff in parentheses on #6.
Post a Comment